Leveling my thoughts

Want to join Reunion? Post here.
Krakajak

Leveling my thoughts

Post by Krakajak » Thu Oct 31, 2002 6:26 pm

Leveling is time consuming i knwo this as i have leveled 3 50s in last few weeks and some say im crazy all that time well its not as bad as you think if you do it right...........
if you have a few days spare and the drive to stay at the boring task its well worth ti when your 50 and can rvr full time or do fun guild stuff like hunting items in other lands and things like that.
4 fins seems to be the best guild groups can clean up xp very fast and this is how you do it.
echanter mana spec 45-50
bard mana song 4
pbaer eld or chanter
pbaer eld or chanter
thats 4 chars for basic 4 fins group thata re a must.
other 4 spots can be bots or any thing but you should at least have 2 healers at all times.
To make my groups run smooth i used a 48 druid out of group with high end buffs for pet mainly as he can take one hell of a beating with these buffs.
you can fill the rest the group up with alts or what ever it don t really matter.
example of nice leveling i took my shade from 24 to 40 plus in 1 day leveling at 4 fins ina group similar to those i listed above.

I have a 50 pbaer mana eld and i will help any guild group at 4 fins to level your chars to 50 alts or mains i dont care the more 50s we have on the field the better rps we take in per day :P
not like we need it this has been the most fun i have had in my daoc exerience guys and thank you for having me in Reunion
Go the green and gold!!

P.s took me about 4 days flat to 50 my shade from 24 and the last 48 to 50 are by far the hardest to do ......49 to 50 in a ok group is 7-8 hours min in a half decent group........
Krakajak 50 Hero
Warclone 50 Valewalker
Bonfesti 50 Druid
Silvano 50 Mentalist (1003 spellcraft)
Necrotic 50 Eldy
Wizekrax 50 Shade
Tinytoon 50 Hero
Damager 50 chant
Froggy 50 Bard RR5 (1000 armourcraft)

Fasmia KyLee

Post by Fasmia KyLee » Thu Oct 31, 2002 6:31 pm

Thanks for sharing your insider secrets with us Kraka. :p I have a lvl 35 bard that i may wanna lvl one day =/
Fasmia

Wayland

Post by Wayland » Thu Oct 31, 2002 6:43 pm

My 45 Warden will take up any fins offer :) I would love to get him to 50 and round out some of our RvR groups now and then!
Khail Wayland, Gilded Spear Hand Hero
Tieran Wayland, Legendary Alchemist Warden

Areniar

Post by Areniar » Thu Oct 31, 2002 9:22 pm

Both me and Dipernium are 50th lvl mana chanters, and have twinks on other accounts. (2 lvl 36 shades, and a lvl 36 druid). We were thinking of levelling at Fin 4 soon. Very soon...
Areniar, 50th level Enchanter
<Reunion>

Rianned

but...

Post by Rianned » Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:40 pm

Its good that you share that but it seems when it comes to lists.. wardens are last on them...the bubble is of no use when caster is pulling and allot of wardens dont have good healing skills cause they want to be tanks.

I have seen druids get in that were waiting only an hour when I have been waiting 4 hours to get in. I am either hanging out in the spot or on an alt that I give the name to the list holder. Even with constant checking in with list holder I was on 14 hours without so much as a nibble on my alt for the group I was waiting for. It rankles a little but I was enjoying playing my Hero.

Anyway.. it isn't hard to find me when I am on. My schedule is pretty standard for now. Usually on every night after 5 but no later then 7pm but don't stay on past 10pm(at least I shouldn't) and on weekends as long as I can after I wake up and work out. When I am on with rianned people usually know where I am and I am usually the only one on as a Congretatio member.

Sorry, I had to vent a little. (and sorry to the ones that have heard it before).

See you in the funny papers.... Dan
Seduction isn t making someone do what they don t want to do. Seduction is enticing someone into doing what they secretly want to do already. -- Waiter Rant

Dantien

Leveling

Post by Dantien » Fri Nov 01, 2002 9:37 am

Reunion focuses so much on RvR, that sometimes we neglect the people
trying to level alts/mains or what have you.

What i propose is at least once a week we take a day/night to focus on
exping of people in the guild as well as alts. As the new code for keeps
goes in fins near crim will be a perfect place for us to do this.
We can keep 1-2 groups there durring the day, people who need
exp or have alts who need exp can be pleved a while by the rest of us.

The way we should work it is, if you're MAIN char is not 50 and you are there you should get priority over ALTS, if you bring your ALTS to be leveled then you should donate an equal time with your MAIN to helping
others level. I think if we do this for a month everyone curretnly on the level grind will be 50.

Anyone have any other ideas or problem with this system ?

Dantien Dragonheart

Spiker

Post by Spiker » Fri Nov 01, 2002 2:39 pm

once i hit 50 (which should be before the new patch) ill help anyone at fins near crim... only problem is invaders come there so if we were lvling some people/alts we would need a group or two sitting there to protect us from invaders

Almost

Post by Almost » Fri Nov 01, 2002 3:19 pm

Fins are great for the xp grind for powerleveling.

When Extra Crispy was alive, kicking, and healthy, we used to have what was called "xp Saturday". This would consist of almost everyone in the guild at a fins camp spot for the better part of the day (this was before fins 4 and PBAE became popular..so the fins were tanked the hard way) on Saturday. It was great to get everyone together like that for such an extended period of time. With Crim fins available this would be great. I have 2 accounts and could get my chanter powered up if need be. If Alm is unneeded (yeah, right) I can get Versatile, my lvl 27 warden up.

Anyway XP Saturday was fun for all us former EC's and wouldn't mind starting something similar to that up sometime.
Almost Famous

Krakajak

Post by Krakajak » Sat Nov 02, 2002 5:36 am

well focus pull is the best way to do this and its about 10 times quicker then tankin them.......
wardens are usefull at focus pull cuz they can heal pet and run damage add..........
Bubble is no use cuz you need pet to take agro :P
Krakajak 50 Hero
Warclone 50 Valewalker
Bonfesti 50 Druid
Silvano 50 Mentalist (1003 spellcraft)
Necrotic 50 Eldy
Wizekrax 50 Shade
Tinytoon 50 Hero
Damager 50 chant
Froggy 50 Bard RR5 (1000 armourcraft)

Mitch

Post by Mitch » Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:01 am

Ria.. if you think wardens are last you forget about rangers / shades.

I dont even bother with trying to get into a fins grp because I know there is no way I would even be considered for one.

At least you are in demand for tanking grps. PBT is teh winz ;)
Mitch LovesBrihalla - Lvl 50 Arrow Fumbler (retired)

"Well, I'm gonna open my own amusement park! With blackjack! And hookers!"

Rianned

yup sorry about that

Post by Rianned » Wed Nov 06, 2002 5:53 pm

I wasnt thinking of them but i will tell you what... when I am in lead of a group in fins4 or DF or whereever XP goes. I WILL give a shout out for tank/stealthers for the group for XP. I might have levels requirements though... especially DF/MF groups. Done it before and I will do it again.

Dan
Seduction isn t making someone do what they don t want to do. Seduction is enticing someone into doing what they secretly want to do already. -- Waiter Rant