Hello Old Friends...

Everyone can talk here.
Warduke

Hello Old Friends...

Post by Warduke » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:13 pm

Wow..you guys are still at DAOC..lol... and beating down the competition, I see. I am not surprised. I called Jaylenn and thought I would post a hello to everyone...a lot has changed for me in my life, I got married, bought a house...but I am still a gamer!

So I wanted to tell you all I have been playing in beta a game called city of heroes.. and frankly ..I LOVE IT. Similar to the games we have played in the past but in a full 3-D city, fighting crime as a super hero. The powers are really fun..especially flying!

Well, I thought we could make a super team, like the Justice League or X-MEN. This would allow us to do missions as a superteam that only we can accomplish.Eventually we would get our own headquarters.Difficult to explain in a sentence so check out the site@ http://www.cityofheroes.com

So please post here if your interested. It would be important we get organized with character names ( so you get the one you want) and a team name. Each hero has different powers but when forming a group you still want balance i.e. tank,archer,mage,healer.

Post any questions you have here, I will see if I can answer them without breaking the NDA. The game goes live in less then a month and if you pre-order you automatically get in the beta. Thanks all!

Warduke

Innorast

Post by Innorast » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:43 pm

Hi bro long time no see. Hope married life is being good to ya!

is it pvp or just pve.

Can you be evil and rob the city blind?

Warduke

Post by Warduke » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:28 pm

Inny! nice to see your still around...no pvp yet, only arena fighting. They are expanding pvp and supervillains in the next expansion. Expect to hear an annoucement at this year's E3. It is still a blast to play though. When you get a mission it is closed for you and your teammates, which is really cool and the leveling doesn't seem as harsh. At least, from as far as I have got, which is about 11th level.

Rodann

Post by Rodann » Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:42 am

If I can't be a ranger forget it ;) Hi2U Warduke
Rodann Infidel Emerald Ridere
Lewt bish since 11/01

Warduke

Post by Warduke » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:21 pm

Hmm..well you can be a scrapper, which is like a Ranger only ...effective.

:lol:

Peachesbard

Post by Peachesbard » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:55 pm

Rodann can final dress in that nice little pink outfit he has always wanted to wear.

Rodann

Post by Rodann » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:35 pm

A redsox uni?
Rodann Infidel Emerald Ridere
Lewt bish since 11/01

niller
email n00b

Post by niller » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:55 pm

Hi Warduke

Good to see that you are still around. And yes, Reunion still kicking some butt in the frontiers. Too bad Rodann still playing a ranger or the guild would be complete.
Well above cap in sexterity!!
So many n00bs to pwn -- so little power!!
More toons than I care to list!

Warduke

Post by Warduke » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:56 am

[quote="niller"]Hi Warduke

Good to see that you are still around. And yes, Reunion still kicking some butt in the frontiers. Too bad Rodann still playing a ranger or the guild would be complete.[/quote]

Well, my early days of being a ranger were pretty awesome in DAOC..until they nerfed the class. Which is understandable...it was even close to fair for the other guy :D

Anyhow... after giving you all sometime to review COH... anyone interested in trying it? The NDA is lifted, I can answer any questions you have.

Innorast

Post by Innorast » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:30 pm

Not sure yet bro my wife loves superheros so we might give it a try.

Peachesbard

Post by Peachesbard » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:29 am

sorry about the hijack

but for rodann the sawks rox, im also a big brewers fan now my boy cappy is the third man in the rotation.

COH looks cool, the charecter creation could be worth getting the game in itself, I heard they werent going to implement villans- if the game had some PvP aspect too it id probably try it out.

Sineath

Post by Sineath » Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:49 pm

Hey, warduke. :)

I looked at it and looked at it and it doesn't look finished to me. And...that was just looking at their website and sales pitch. No money swapping? No crafting? The reward system is rough. No PvP cept in a controlled environment? Looked to me like the only thing they finished was the leveling system and combat system...and even that looked pretty rough. Lastly, the graphics looked....well, rough :P

50 bucks, plus 15/month, don't think I'll be getting it.

A shame too, I'm actively looking at new games to play.

Warduke

Post by Warduke » Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:51 pm

Well you make some good points sineath but the game is not designed to be like all those types. I.E. crafting,ranked pvp, etc..

But it is fun...I know that.

I started on the Justice server and my characters name is Victor Steel.

Gravity Controller/ Healer extrordinare :D

I hope to see some of you and start a Super Team.