hey guys

Everyone can talk here.
Damifem

hey guys

Post by Damifem » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:18 am

hey im still kickin in UO . my archer f-ing pwns but they have already nerfed a couple of the wepons and soon to cramp everyones templet with new rules and a sure nerf for the archer class . I already have scripts and i have already started to prep for the change. good thing about uo is u can always make quik changes .

One thing that sux tho is that the Dominate pvp guild has an aliance with 2 of the other really good pvp guilds. I head up the pvp section of the guild im in and have very few followers in comparison. the main guild im in has long ties with old players that have alts in other warring guilds and is blind to the corruption thats within our guild :( before i came to them they spent most of there time in the safe zones . its tuff to operate behind a guild that allows members in with minimal consideration to the pvp aspect.

at any rate yall kno how tuff it is to get things to go your way , and how ruff it is when guild members but heads .

its coming up on time for me to make a change , dunno what im going to do ,but as always i will let u guys kno where im gonna be killing next :)

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:42 am

What server do you play on? I still have my UO account. I logged on during their last free trial, but UO has changed so much since the 7x100 GM days. All these stats on weapons, and a bunch of other stuff I just couldn't really figure out.

Is there still alot of pvp that takes place? Like guild wars, Chaos/Order, Factions, pking?
I make a character, level it, then make another character, then level it, then make another character, then level it, then make anoth....

Damifem

ya well....

Post by Damifem » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:49 am

i play on napa valley . theres plenty of pvp . im sure alot of things have changed since u played even tho i really dont kno when u played . and there gonna change again real soon . the change isnt really an issue since UO is all VB code witch makes it really easy to develop vb scripts . in fact there is a whole site dedicated to it. easy uo

as far as factions go heh . whats the point . in fact i dont think ive been in a faction in 4 or 5 years heh . theres no real point to it . if the craftables that only lasta week (wepons armor) were actually better than what u can get . then maybe it would be worth it .

guild wars non-excistant on napa since the best guild is really just the biggest . they are an rbg and they are allied with 2 more rbg's . i could war some other guilds but really fewer people play uo now its not like the old days if u wanna war someone and actually get some action u will have to war an rbg .

chaos / order , has less signifigance than factions . i remeber there being some chaos/ order action very early on when i started in 98 . but i never really saw a big war.

with the advent of Trammell (the safe area) pk'ing is no where near the old days either . u cant just jump an innocent person . if someone is fel. they are really expecting trouble. the good thing about pk'ing is the champ spawns . at champ spawns u have the chance to get a scroll that allows u to overcap a skill . this attracts brave souls to fel. but also draws the rbg's to camp it and seal it off. there are a couple peerless boss'es that yeild rare ingredients that u can make good craftables out of also . the same happens there too .

thats pretty much the motivation behind pvp in uo today .

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:33 am

Yeah I play from beta up to like maybe a year after Trammel was release. Trammel ruined UO imo. I played Atlantic at release until they released the Euro server Drachenfels. I spent the next 2 years there, then came back to play on Catskills and also Great Lakes for awhile before I finally quit.

UO pvp from release for the first couple years was as good as it gets. Man I loved that game back in the day :wink:
I make a character, level it, then make another character, then level it, then make another character, then level it, then make anoth....

Sleeps

Post by Sleeps » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:08 am

I loved that game too, too bad i was guildless and usually the gankee.
I grew up playing the ultima games and love the world origin created. I played ultima 2 on the apple 2 and ultima 3 on commodore64, actually i think i played every ultima release until eq came out.