Guild Wars

Everyone can talk here.
enz

Re: Guild Wars

Post by enz » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:52 pm

The others were warrior/assassin i think and ranger/somethin.

enz

Post by enz » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:26 pm

http://www.gwkb.org/cBuild.php has some good builds.

Veguintay

Post by Veguintay » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:23 pm

Enz my guys name is Lord Deku he is a mesmer/ritualist probably my most successful build made to out last melee damage at the same time damaging them and taking out casters. I sent you a tell to yo character but got no response so ....
Comparing War and Wow is like Comparing Cake and Pie same shit different taste.

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:43 pm

I was in a group that won 10 in a row today in RA. I was on my Elementist. I finally got my full build put together. I can do some sweet damage while also blinding anyone that attacks our healers, plus using a spell I have to knockdown someone for 2 seconds ,which is a nice interrupot or good for stopping runners.

I also completed a build on my assassin. I can pump out some nice DPS, but I need a healer to keep me up. What sucks is alot of the builds I want to try use a damn elite skill from nightfall, so I can't.
I make a character, level it, then make another character, then level it, then make another character, then level it, then make anoth....

enz

Post by enz » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:51 pm

sent u a ginvite veg.

emod

Post by emod » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:23 pm

Seems like you are at a huge disadvantage if you don't have one or both of the xpacs. The newer classes seem far superior. Or if you use the old classes, the newer skills are better. I don't even know wtf a Dervish does, but everytime I see one they just run up to me and I die instantly. I don't think I've won a single game against a group with a Ritualist.

Every "prophecies only" build I lookup is outdated or strictly for PVE.

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:24 pm

Yeah I would say you at least need prophecies/factions. Ritualists and Assasins are good, although most of the really good assasin builds require the Nightfall skills. I was wondering why my Assasin seemed weaker than some of these Assasins I would fight again, then I saw they were using a few of the Nightfall skills that are really good.

Dervishes are sick. They really are the best tank class in pvp imo. They have some pretty ridiculous skills.

So far I have played: W/A, Me/N, R/N, E, A/E. Of all those, I have found the most fun/best one to be the Me/E. I have had the most success with the build I use for him, and it doesn't use any Nightfall skills.

All of the "best" builds use at least 1 Nightfall skill though.

I'm just not willing to drop $50 to play 2 new classes and get a few new pvp skills.

I joined some random guild for the hell of it this weekend, just so I could do some Alliance Battles. I remember them being fun, but tbh I wasn't finding them that fun this time around. They are basically a 12v12 AB with 7 capture points instead of 5 like AB. Mostly one team would just zerg around to each capture point the whole match. After a couple matches I just disbanded from that guild and kept doing TA, RA and some HA.

I watched some of the HA battles this weekend, the 8v8v8 Hall of Heroes ones. That was some sweet stuff. Too bad you have to be in a really good pvp guild, because you have to win like 5 or 6 straight matches in HA before you reach the Hall of Heroes.
I make a character, level it, then make another character, then level it, then make another character, then level it, then make anoth....

Mr.Muggles

Post by Mr.Muggles » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:23 pm

T minus 7 days and counting before you all switch to the next new or old game.

Anyone want to revisit my: Guild Wars is a one dimensional game that sucks analysis?

P.S. LOTRO has better PvP atm then WoW/Daoc(unless you have some crazy established gank group to run with 24/7)/GW put together.

Theres way too much fun to be had when you are playing outside of "Instanced" pvp without much agenda.

P.P.S. Grats Edge on rank 4

P.P.P.S. Iduna you really need to check out how many people on Meneldor play Creeps full time. If you stuck with your creep all this time you could have avoided MMO Whack A mOle

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:27 pm

Nah I'm fine with GW atm, I can just log on at play for an hour and log out. Not really looking for a fulltime MMO atm outside of WAR beta.

enz

Post by enz » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:36 pm

Im still enjoying guild wars as well. I've watched some lotro pvp videos and lol at that shit.

enz

Post by enz » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:52 pm

iduna did u join another guild or somethin?

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:55 pm

Yeah read my post about 5 above this one. I just joined one Tuesday night so I could run some of the Alliance Battles. Found it boring after 3. Too much like AB with one team zerging around to get the capture points. Then I left the guild after my 3rd AB match. Go ahead and toss me a reinvite whenever. I'm gonna stick to RA/TA/HA battles.

Use Idunaz Z as the name for the /ginvite.