Guild Wars

Everyone can talk here.
enz

Guild Wars

Post by enz » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:40 pm

I just reinstalled guild wars and started observing some of the pvp games. It actually looks awesome if you have a group of people. Me and emod are gonna make some pvp characters and see how it all works since we never really tried way back when we first got the game. If anyone else wants to join us holler. If we can get a group together I think it could be some fun pvp.

Iduna
email n00b

Re: Guild Wars

Post by Iduna » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:54 pm

I'd be up for that. I reinstalled it a couple months back and it is still on my system. Now if I can just remember my user name and pw heh.
I make a character, level it, then make another character, then level it, then make another character, then level it, then make anoth....

emod

Post by emod » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:02 am

username is an email address. I had to try a few passwords heh.

We created a couple pvp characters tonight. Then we joined a few games. Got ROCKED. I gotta read some forums tomorrow to see how to get started. I dunno what we were missing, but it was something. Maybe the initial gear is total crap or something.

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:16 am

Yeah GW is one game I never played long enough to learn all the details of what you need to get your toon ready for pvp. Like how gear works, the crafting, etc.
I make a character, level it, then make another character, then level it, then make another character, then level it, then make anoth....

emod

Post by emod » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:22 am

i know how to gear/skill up a pve character. I have a monk that I leveled to 20 and crafted a set of armor for. Also got elite skills.

As for the pvp characters though....I'm not sure. Well I know how to unlock new shit, but I don't know why our characters seemed to suck so bad. Some monk was hitting me for 100hp and my ranger was hitting for like 20.

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:05 am

Maybe they have added a bunch of new skills and gear with all the xpacs they have come out with? Dunno how much of an effect those xpacs have on the pvp.

Veguintay

Post by Veguintay » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:50 pm

Meh I will play with you guys what are your characters name. Oh yeah and monks have lots of protection to really damage them you have to either focus fire you ass off or dispell there spells. I think one of spells you experienced was a spell that reduces damage by a large margin.
Comparing War and Wow is like Comparing Cake and Pie same shit different taste.

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:54 pm

What names are you guys playing under in game?

emod

Post by emod » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:48 pm

Um I'm not really sure. We keep making new ones.

I think i have these characters
Emod N
E Mod
Dis Dik

emod

Post by emod » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:52 pm

I think the pvp in this game has the biggest learning curve of any game.

So many f'ing abilities for every class. And so many possible builds. Even if I figure out what 3 of my spells actually do, There are 8 other classes attacking me with shit I don't recognize. I remember back when it first came out I was decent, but now I forget everything.

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:59 pm

Yeah there are like an infinite amount of class combos, skill choice combos, group setup combos, etc. Hard to even know where to start.

enz

Post by enz » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:10 pm

ive got the following chars right now:

in dabut
enz ohz
enz oh

i think. ill try later today to get Reunion guild setup. post your names and ill add you guys as friends and try to get guild invites.

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:28 pm

Hmm the two toons I've been playing with today are:
A/Mo named Magic Nookie Z

Mo/Me named Magic Nookie Kek La

Having more fun with the monk tbh. I like how healing works in GW.

I forget though, how do u unlock new skills through pvp? You just earn points from winning and spend them on skills or something?

enz

Post by enz » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:35 pm

yea by winning. you can also get skills by doing pve and lvling a char. another way is you can get a max of 1000 faction points a day if you do the arenas that have npcs.

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:45 pm

Yah I was in a match earlier and got some faction points. Not sure where I can check to see how many I have total though.