Re: Guild Wars

Post by emod » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:56 pm

Go see any priest.

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:17 pm

http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

Nice page with a ton of different PvP builds.
I make a character, level it, then make another character, then level it, then make another character, then level it, then make anoth....

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:11 pm

Just as a follow up to that link I posted. That sight rocks. It gives SOOO many different builds, and what 8 skills to choose, which gear to select for the build. Also how to use the build most effectively, which arena it is suited for, and what counters to expect against different classes. That site owns.
I make a character, level it, then make another character, then level it, then make another character, then level it, then make anoth....

enz

Post by enz » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:19 pm

yea good site.

emod

Post by emod » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:32 pm

Iduna we played for a few hours last night. Getting a little better. If you have the xpac you should make an assassin. Seems like every group that rocks us has an assassin.

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:52 pm

Yeah I don't have nightfall but I do have factions so I have access to the assasin. I actually did some pve stuff on him awhile back so I unlocked several skills. I tried a couple of those builds on that wiki site last night. I still need to unlock some more skills so that I have the full 8 for each build.

I also played a full Elementist last night. I was doing some nasty damage. It was me and 2 other E's and a monk. We won 4 in a row before losing. Once I have the other few skills to complete that Elementist build I can do some nasty damage while also neutralizing any melee that attack me using blind.

On an annoying note, during one match last night, we had killed 3 of the 4 from the other team, but this one dude was left, and he had this skill called Shadow form. Basically while he had Shadowform up, he couldn't be hit by any spells or melee. He was able to kite us forever basically. After 40 minutes our team finally quit. It was very annoying. I'm sure some class has a counter for it, but our group couldn't do any damage to him. Once shadow form dropped he would just recast it and keep running around immune to everything.

enz

Post by enz » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:55 pm

I think i want to try a mesmer/necro build. However, i haven't played either of those in pve so i won't have shit for abilities right now. You guys wanna maybe level up new chars? Getting to 20 doesn't take that long really. Oh, and veg get your ass on so we can have a 4 man team!

emod

Post by emod » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:28 pm

Iduna wrote: On an annoying note, during one match last night, we had killed 3 of the 4 from the other team, but this one dude was left, and he had this skill called Shadow form. Basically while he had Shadowform up, he couldn't be hit by any spells or melee. He was able to kite us forever basically. After 40 minutes our team finally quit. It was very annoying. I'm sure some class has a counter for it, but our group couldn't do any damage to him. Once shadow form dropped he would just recast it and keep running around immune to everything.
Elementalist has mist form that does that. I think it's ice magic maybe.

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:05 pm

http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/Build:E/any_Air_Spiker

That is the build I am making for my Elementist. Got all those skills today except the elite one. Need about 2K more faction and I'll have the full build skill set.

http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/Build:A/any ... ple_Strike

This one is the Assasin build for. Need 4 of those skills still including the elite. I got destroyed a couple times today on my E by some Assasins. For some reason mine doesn't do nearly the amount of damage these guys are doing to me. That might be becuase I am missing the skills they have that are doing huge damage. I also need to get some runes and tangs for my daggers to make them better. Namely I need vampiric.

That Elementist build is nice. Had a couple good teams today and had a couple 10 minute fights. I was using my blind ability alot wihch was great when an assasin or warrior or any offensive guy would attack our Monk.

Hopefully you guys are on tonight around 10pm EST so we can run some matches. Last night I logged on about 10 minutes after you guys logged.

Mr.Muggles

Post by Mr.Muggles » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:29 pm

I don't get you guys so far you have spent time and money on so much crap.

LOTRO then back to WoW then back to fps shooters then back to wow then back to daoc then back to fps shooters then back to GW.

No offense: Guild Wars sucks donkey dicks.

Its awful and you wont play it for more then a month. Instead of constantly trying to bid time with whatever fotm game you are trying this week maybe consider giving LOTRO a shot again. Don't get me wrong we busted our ass and turned Reunion into something really nice, a very active friendly guild where we seem to joke and have fun. We don't really NEED more people but maybe you might find the fun your looking for?

Before you guys jump all over me I just want to say that if you were really having fun and enjoying the game you were playing I wouldn't post something like this.

O yeah and P.S. LOTRO Pvp blows away both GW and WoW even in its half-assed underdeveloped version its in now. The only time I had anything close to this much fun with PvP was early to middle DAOC and very early pre-BG WOW

enz

Post by enz » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:19 pm

I was never interested in trying lotro (played it at emods for about 5 minutes and was bored). It just looks like the same shit as wow and im really bored of that. Tried playing a little wow this week on my account that veg/gil use and got bored in like 10 minutes. Honestly we as a guild never gave guild wars a chance. The pvp is really pretty sweet. So many variations and builds a team can do. You can say the game sucks but I know for a fact that you never did any real team pvp or actually got good at it. I think i really just said f GW back then because i was in the mindset of "this isn't like WoW". Regardless, anything i play right now is simply a filler until Warhammer. It'll be nice once we can get into beta or when it comes out because I know then we'll all be playing the same game again.

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:59 pm

Honestly this is the first time I've really given GW a shot. Finding that site with all those builds has gotten me alot more interested, as previously I always felt like I didn't know wtf skills I should have in my hotbar etc.

TBH I always found the actual pvp in the game fun, but more along the lines of FPS fun, not MMO fun. Then again, it isn't an MMO. Maybe if you want to do all the pve shit but I just make PvP characters and unlock the skills through PvP. I think the biggest reason I never stuck with it before was like enz said, I was expecting a WoW type game, basically a traditional MMO.

Obviously the most comparable type of pvp to GW would be the arena's in WoW. The biggest difference is, GW is centered around their PvP arenas, and that is why their pvp is 100x better than WoW's watered down, who can stucklock/fear/disorient/ect the other team the most wins style of arena pvp. There are also a shitload of different skills for each class, and dozens of different viable pvp builds for each class. You can also interchange your attributes and skills depending on what style your team needs.

For example some builds are better suited for GVG, while some are better suited for Alliance Battles.

I've actually spent alot of time the past couple days looking up stuff and it is pretty coolo how detailed and intricate the pvp is in GW. It is also cool to Observe some of the top teams play. You basically choose from a list of all the top ranked games going on live and you can hop in and observe them from the vantage point of any player in the match. It is cool to learn some of the different tactics and builds/spells/group setups these guys use.

Will I get bored with it in a couple weeks? Dunno. You know how I can be ;-) TBH the bigggest thing to keep me in games is if other RU guys are playing it. It isn't fun when I just have to join a random guild.

Right now it is just me enz and emod, and maybe veg occasionally.

Mr.Muggles

Post by Mr.Muggles » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:42 am

well let me know how it is maybe ill turn

enz

Post by enz » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:33 pm

I finally have a pretty decent build now for my monk/mesmer. Got all the required skills unlocked and I can survive for a very long time. Played a ton of games last night and was having a lot of fun with it. I ended up playing with a really good team and we won like 11 games in a row before we quit. Had some chinese monk that was awesome. A few of our games lasted like 10 minutes. Veg where you at!?

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:12 pm

Nice. What were the other classes you were grouped with in that group besides the otehr monk?