Grag ODen -prediction hes gonna be a huge dissapointment

Everyone can talk here.
Mr.Muggles

Grag ODen -prediction hes gonna be a huge dissapointment

Post by Mr.Muggles » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:40 am

Im putting this up so I can look at it every year.

I got a sick feeling Greg Oden is going to be much much less of a star then everyone thinks.

My projections:

year 1: 11pts 10brds 2 blocks .5 steals a game (definetly gonna be worse then Durant who will get 20 pts 7 brds 1 block 1.5 steals and 2 threes a game, both Portland and Seatlle wontmake the playoffs, with Seattle battling for worst record in the league)

year 2: 15 pts 12 brds 3 block .5 steals (Durant 23 pts 8 brds 1.5 blocks 2 steals 2 threes a game portland makes playoffs, sonics still sucks)

year 3: 15 pts 12 borads 3 blocks .5 steals (durant 25 pts 9 brds 2 blocks 2 steals 2.5 threes both teams make playoffs)

The more I think about the more I think Oden will never be a game breaker player, hes always gonna struggle with fould trouble, his game isn't versatile and for a double double guy with 2 blocks a game theres about 30 options in the nBA.

Durant on the other hand is going to turn into a hybrid of Tracy McGrady and Shawn Marion. I think in 5 years the talk is going to be about missing out on Durant and what a dissapointment Oden is.

The one thing is this: In the REAL LONG TERM, like aten year career, I can see Oden being apowerful cog. But not till he gets like 7 years under his belt whereas Durant is gonna chuck 30 shots a game and win and lose em himself next season.

emod

Re: Grag ODen -prediction hes gonna be a huge dissapointment

Post by emod » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:29 pm

Don't talk bad about my buckeyes.

I agree actually. Oden really is more of a long term thing. I think Oden is more of a work in progress. He's got the skills, he just needs proper experience. I totally agree that Durant will dominate him in the first few years. Eventually I think you will see him really mature into a great center. I never thought he should leave college after his first year (mostly because I want a championship for the buckeyes), but of course people are going to snatch him up because everyone sees his potential.

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:22 pm

Let's focus on the upcoming football season, not hoops!! Pre-season games are righta round the corner!
I make a character, level it, then make another character, then level it, then make another character, then level it, then make anoth....

Ilk

Post by Ilk » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:16 pm

course when u say durant will be a marion/mcgrady type guy, neither one has any rings so what's the difference between a double/double 0rings and 30/10 0rings again? also another thing u aren't factoring in is what happens to durants chances when the sonics move to oklahoma? Heck in the nba now there's 500 guys u can get that can score for u, it's a rarer commodity to get a big man who will play defense, rebound, and take up space. Look at ben wallace and how valuable he is, if oden could be like that as Portlands gm I can easily find a few ball hogs that can drop thrity a night. . .well lookit that we got stephon marbury. He doesn't need to score points to win championships and 10/10 wouldnt be a disappointment in my book.
iLk - WoW, Nathrezim
iLk - DAoC, Bedevere
iyLk - WAR, Azazel
La Ilk - PotBS, Rackham
i'Lk - SWtOR, Anchorhead
Rehpotsirhc - UO, Pacific

http://seattleslam.org/

Lakoimeca

Post by Lakoimeca » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:20 am

Ilk wrote:course when u say durant will be a marion/mcgrady type guy, neither one has any rings so what's the difference between a double/double 0rings and 30/10 0rings again? also another thing u aren't factoring in is what happens to durants chances when the sonics move to oklahoma? Heck in the nba now there's 500 guys u can get that can score for u, it's a rarer commodity to get a big man who will play defense, rebound, and take up space. Look at ben wallace and how valuable he is, if oden could be like that as Portlands gm I can easily find a few ball hogs that can drop thrity a night. . .well lookit that we got stephon marbury. He doesn't need to score points to win championships and 10/10 wouldnt be a disappointment in my book.
We have a winner. Oden may not score like Durant but a great center doesn't come along but once every 10 years or so.
Tony

Warhammer
Bloodfury - Dok (Dead)

Mr.Muggles

Post by Mr.Muggles » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:32 pm

yah but I don' think hes gonna be a great cener for another 8 years.

just imo btw.

Remember a 10/10 guy who blocks 2 shots a game isnt as rare as you guys think and he isn't going to be a "presence" if he can't stay on the floor. Which he has proven thus far he can't.

Mr.Muggles

Post by Mr.Muggles » Thu May 21, 2009 3:40 pm

Wanted to give this post a bump 2 years later.

How do we feel?

I'm still not convinced.

Anyway time to talk Blake Griffin?

I think hes gonna be SOLID but isn't he a little short?

I want the knicks to bick S Curry from Davidson at 8. Short PG who can pass adequately and shoot lightsout running in D'antonis system with a developing Gallinari, D Lee and the knicks could make a little noise finally next year.

I hope they trade Nate

Mr.Muggles

Post by Mr.Muggles » Thu May 21, 2009 3:42 pm

Wow my predictions over first two years were oddly close.

except year 1 for Oden was this year.

Year 1 for durant was pretty close and even I underestimated him this year.

Also Oden can't stay on the floor.

Lakoimeca

Post by Lakoimeca » Tue May 26, 2009 1:22 pm

Mr.Muggles wrote:Wow my predictions over first two years were oddly close.

except year 1 for Oden was this year.

Year 1 for durant was pretty close and even I underestimated him this year.

Also Oden can't stay on the floor.

Sadly Oden may end up being another Walton. He would be great if he could stay healthy but starting to wander if he is never gonna be 100%.
Tony

Warhammer
Bloodfury - Dok (Dead)

Rodann

Post by Rodann » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:03 am

blake griffin is gonna run shit and be a fantasy force straight out the box imo.
Rodann Infidel Emerald Ridere
Lewt bish since 11/01

Mr.Muggles

Post by Mr.Muggles » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:28 am

ur gonna see some massive action between now and thursday night, then even more friday.

timberwolves alrerady secured picks 4,5,18,28 in the first round alone to go with Al Jeff K Love. They may package some of those picks like say (4,18,28 and an expiring contract) for 2 so they can grab Thabeet or whatever from uconn.

Where does Rubio go??

Curry??

Ill go with

1. Clips - B Griffin
2. Minnesota (trade fromMemphis) - Thabeet
3. OKC (this is the x factor if memphis decides to draft rubio then minnesota may trade up to 3.) either way IM going with R Rubio here and expect him to get traded.
4. Kings - J. Flynn
5. Memphis - James Harden
6. Minnesota - Tyreke Evans
7. GS - Jordan Hill / S Curry (again a wierd spot here, Curry could go here or 5 or 6 or 8)
8. NYK - S Curry / Jrue Holiday / Brandon Jennings / Ty Lawson
9. Raptors - Demar Derozan
10. Bucks - J Holliday / B Jennings / Ty Lawson

thats just my guess but this draft is going to be insane because nothing is sure from 2-28 and there is a lot of good talent between 2 and 15. Plus certain times want certain guys (E.g. Knicks and Curry, Thabeet and Minnesota) so teams are going to do things to move up and or work out trades.

Don't be surprised if the knicks do crazy shit like have under the tabel agreement for someone like Memphis to draft Rubio and then after RFA starts have NYK trade Nate / C Mobley's expiring contract / W Chandler for rubio. Therefor potentially giving the Knicks a backcourt of R Rubio and S Curry for next year.

NYK have a ton of tools to get anything they want. D Lee / Nate robinson are rfa. they got like 5 expiring contracts.

they have some young talent people covet like Chandler and maybe Gallo

Mr.Muggles

Post by Mr.Muggles » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:32 am

If i were a Knicks fan I would give up anyone ont his team to potentially have Rubio and S Curry as 'bait' for Lebron / Bosh or whoever.

Besides that you would have at least Chandler or Lee. Gallinari and some decent bench dudes.

just sayin if i were donnie walsh id trade w chandler or d lee or n robinson or whoever to move up and have two picks in the top 10 in this draft and snag at least rubio or curry

ziftar

Post by ziftar » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:35 pm

I think Rubio would be a perfect fit for D'Antonis 7 second shot clock offense.

Mr.Muggles

Post by Mr.Muggles » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:28 pm

bump. Greg Oden out for the year.

Kevin Durant perennial all-star.

2009-2010

ziftar

Post by ziftar » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:36 pm

Omg this thread is over 2 years old and still going...must feel good to be right about something eh muggs? :razz: