Halo 3

Everyone can talk here.
enz

Halo 3

Post by enz » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:18 pm

Anyone plan on getting it today? I'm debating it. I've never really played any of the previous ones.

Iduna
email n00b

Re: Halo 3

Post by Iduna » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:49 pm

I'm gonna pick it up this afternoon. Every review I've read on it has been great. Alot of 10/10's out there. It has a shit ton of features, and even customizable player made maps in mulitplayer. I never really played Halo or Halo 2 much, but I think this game is a must have for any fps fan. I gotta reactivate my live account today too.

You should get it imo enz.
I make a character, level it, then make another character, then level it, then make another character, then level it, then make anoth....

Sineath

Post by Sineath » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:25 pm

someone mail me an xbox

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:53 pm

Played it for a couple hours today. Control is really good, game looks really good. Not quite as good as Gears of War though. Multiplayer was pretty fun. Alot of different types of games/maps. Plenty of weapons to choose from.
I make a character, level it, then make another character, then level it, then make another character, then level it, then make anoth....

enz

Post by enz » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:31 pm

So hows the multiplayer iduna? If i bought it that would pretty much be my sole reason.

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:51 pm

I played the multiplayer for a couple hours yesterday. It was fun. Alot of maps, the control is really good. Several different types of game modes for multi such as slayer(everyone vs everyone), team slayer, king of the hill, bomb the other teams base, CTF etc. Very easy to get into ranked games, and you can match it based on people that are the same rank as you.

The sound and visuals in the game are top notch. Not "quite" as good as Gears of War as far as graphics, but it still looks amazing. Players can also create their own maps and then create multiplayer games with them I think. It has a great replay feature. After I had done 7 or 8 matches, I went into the replay menu and it had all of the matches saved for me to watch. I could watch the entire match I chose and also watch it from the viewpoint of any player in that match. I think that is pretty cool cuz it is interesting to watch from the viewpoint of some of the really good players and see what they are doing to try and get better.

Also there are different types of vehicles you can drive which is fun.

Playing it on Live is the only reason I bought it. I never even got halfway through the single player on GoW. They do have a co-op campaign though like GoW did, where you can team with other players to play through the single player game.

This will definitely fill my fps craving until Call of Duty 4 comes out in November. Now that will be one sweet game.

enz

Post by enz » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:58 pm

I actually enjoyed GoW single player. That was the first single player game i had actually completed in who knows how long. The gameplay is just sick and innovative i thought. The way you can take cover and stuff.

emod

Post by emod » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:27 pm

u noobs. halo is THE console fps. You can't get better multiplayer fps than the halo series. Plus now the storymode can be done co-op ONLINE with 4 people. If you own a 360, you must get halo3. GoW is pretty. Halo is fun.

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:57 pm

I'll be honest, I actually like GoW's MP because of the cover system. That cover system was the coolest thing I've seen in an FPS. However, Halo's MP is a blast. I just suck horribly at it lol or it would be even more fun. I swear I shoot people like 5-10 times and they stay alive and I get shot twice by them and drop.

enz

Post by enz » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:59 pm

thats my problem with buying fps... i pretty much suck at them and get bored quickly.

emod

Post by emod » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:49 pm

One thing I can say about halo is that it's not as twitchy as most fps. Movement is fluid, but you can't turn/jump/headshot in the blink of an eye like counterstrike or something. Being good at halo is much easier than other fps I think. Learn the maps. Find a gun combo you like. Get amazingly good with grenades. Use powerups and better weapons as much as possible. Don't forget you can regen your shield aka use cover.

Best thing about halo games == Sniping / plasma grenades.
Worst part == 12 year old girls that are better than you.

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:05 pm

Yeah it just takes some practice. I gotta get to know all the maps and gun locations, and which guns are good. I also don't use grenades enough. I think it is cool as hell though you can dual wield guns in Halo3. You can even dual wield different combinations of 1 handed guns.

enz

Post by enz » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:58 pm

think im gonna pick this up today. we should try out the coop iduna.

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:10 pm

Yah I'd be up for doing the coop campaign.

enz

Post by enz » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:30 pm

yep this game is fun. emods got a 360 now too.