looking to find new game

Everyone can talk here.
crazymofos

looking to find new game

Post by crazymofos » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:47 pm

Im looking for another online game. I recnetly played travian and have played wow in the past. Im wondering if anyone has a suggestion for something. I dont want to get into another situation where entering the game late ruins my chance at ever really succeeding. I have seen alot on Lotro, is that the one to try if i havent. Any suggestions appreciated.

donlep

Re: looking to find new game

Post by donlep » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:19 pm

seems like most of the members we have had playing lotro have either stopped by now or are talking about stopping
sorry to say i personally cant point u to a game i would myself play
seems to me most games around atm have a short attention span so people stop playing them after a month or 2
think most of us are praying that WAR will be a good game once they finnish it

anyway maybe others can direct u to a good game i have been busy betatesting war untill they pulled the beta servers down
and am not gonna buy anything new with betaservers coming back up in december
WAR eubeta tester
meataxe choppa first to 40 destruction side meatvaporizer BW first to 40 order side, 1st beta phase
donlep 40/35 zealot
meatvaporizer 21/19 sorc
talsalmule 15/13 chosen

Sineath

Post by Sineath » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:08 pm

pirates of the burning sea(release in january)
age of conan(release before warhammer, probably)
warhammer(release in end of june 2008, grr)

I don't like asian made game, vendor system is just to screwy/old fashioned for my taste.

Its a real dry spell for gaming. LOTR is a good game to get you thru a couple months. Some people playing Call of Duty 4 but that's multiplayer free shooting, not an rpg. Some still playing LOTR and WoW, shrugs. Depending on pricing, I might get CoD 4, but I'm also looking at MUD games and beta games to keep me busy until I find a real game.

emod

Post by emod » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:32 pm

I would avoid LOTRO. It's a nice game, but really kind of died out quickly. When I went back to my character after several months, there was no one to group with. This game has no replay value. The leveling is really bland and repetitive. And the only joy I initially got out of the game was grouping, so that's out. Also look at the turnover rate for this game. It's shocking how many people just quit this game without looking back. Turbine got a lot of things right in this game, but left out flare and substance.

Get a 360 if you don't have one. There are plenty of good console games out and plenty more coming out.

As for the mmo scene....there's always w0w. If you go into it just wanting to do pve shit, I still think it's a great game.

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:20 pm

Emod you need to get CoD4. At least go rent it and try it out. Honestly the multiplayer is great, very intense. I traded in Halo 3 for it :razz:

As far as WoW goes, I think the thing that keeps me coming back, at least recently, is I like getting a class to 70, gearing him out in some pvp gear and then doing arena for a bit. Once I get tired of that character, I pick a new class and do the same thing. Sadly it is the best MMO out there right now, mainly by default. Nothing else on the MMO horizin for several months.

On Nath right now, we got me, Penny, Jerkstore, Veg, Bhodi, Harmonica, Kasquashi, Badoru, and some others that are on every day. Most of them just do pve, and veg pvp's, while I am in the leveling mode with my mage.

Some of you guys should come back just to do stuff as a guild. RU doesn't really have a game atm, and the most established game we have is WoW. Would be cool to see some of you come back. Enz, I think that priest of yours is 64, and of course Twoshot is 70 and pretty nicely geared out.
I make a character, level it, then make another character, then level it, then make another character, then level it, then make anoth....

amidrin

Post by amidrin » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:39 am

Sineath wrote: I don't like asian made game, vendor system is just to screwy/old fashioned for my taste.
come on sineath,dont put the asian word affected me man,just say stupid korean game mmo,i gotta say i m totally agree,those korean mmo is rubbish. :D
Dont push me'cause i'm close to the edge,i'm trying not to lose my head"uh-huh

Mr.Muggles

Post by Mr.Muggles » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:10 am

he put all the shrimp on the same shrimp boat

Lakoimeca

Post by Lakoimeca » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:14 pm

Jaylenn wrote:he put all the shrimp on the same shrimp boat
Maybe but I think I still want some of what your smoking! :)
Tony

Warhammer
Bloodfury - Dok (Dead)

Sineath

Post by Sineath » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:05 pm

I've seen

Mr Brooks
Some new Jackie Chan movie
Day Watch(sequel to Night Watch)
28 Weeks After
Some movie about a widowed 911 guy that lost his family

this week.

Gonna see

Meet the Robins
Some fish movie
Some sequel to a vampire movie

I AM SO STUPID BORED.

Sineath

Post by Sineath » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:07 pm

I think I'll go buy Vanguard or just kill myself, AAAAHHHHHHH. There's gotta be a game to play. How the heck did AoC and Warhammer BOTH decide to delay?

BlackRain

Post by BlackRain » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:41 pm

why isnt anyone playing team fortress 2, its like the best game of 2007
sorenn- chosen
icenn- rogue
IcennRPG

Sineath

Post by Sineath » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:32 pm

I bought Call of Duty 4. Loaded it up then found out you need a Geforce 6600 and I only have a Geforce 5500. Gamestop graciously gave me store credit when I returned it 20 minutes after buying it. Thank you, Gamestop!