Tabula Rasa

Everyone can talk here.
Sleeps

Tabula Rasa

Post by Sleeps » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:04 am

So I went out and bought a new MMO... Tabula Rasa (def. A clean slate). I had high hopes for this game because I grew up playing in the world that Richard Garriot created "Britania" a.k.a. Ultima 1-9, Ultima Online and Ultima the Underworld. I know from previous games that fun, game play, puzzles, hidden areas, investigation and open-ended adventure are his highest priorities. In addition he likes to implement a virtue system, where your actions/choices can affect your progress 1 way or another ( sometime good, sometime bad). With that being said, back to my review.
I played the game for almost 3 hours without reading the instructions. I got to level four, completed some quest bought some armor. To start it sounds like any other MMO, but it doesn't feel like Wow, EQ, LOTR, or any other game i had played in the genre.
It feels more like Unreal/Halo. The little terrain i have seen is great reminds me of Battlefield Veitnam, and taking cover is an essentail part of the game. The game plays very fast for an MMO but not as quick as some of those twitch FPS's and I really like how they reward active players. You all remember NBA JAM when you hit 3 shots in a row you go " ON FIRE" well they have something similiar with an xp modifier as you chain kills together. Yeah there quest and stuff like other MMo's but it seems you'll be out killing shit most of the time, and i'm not sure how pvp works yet, as i learn more ill post my findings.
In conclusion, At 1st glance I am liking this game, yes it too early to tell but i know alot of people are looking for things to do this maybe an option... to be continued.

emod

Re: Tabula Rasa

Post by emod » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:45 am

Do you have the code for giant heads?