POTBS -- Worth it?

Everyone can talk here.
lucrezia

POTBS -- Worth it?

Post by lucrezia » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:42 pm

So, I understand some of you have been playing POTBS... is it worth it? Discuss.

donlep

Re: POTBS -- Worth it?

Post by donlep » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:27 am

depends on what u like in a game i guess
i personally like it sofar
but my first computergame was sid meyers pirates some 25 years ago
and hence i have a special place in my heart for pirate games

it seems alot of the reunionites that started playing potbs have either stopped or are playing very sporadically now
so i guess its not everyones cup of tea
WAR eubeta tester
meataxe choppa first to 40 destruction side meatvaporizer BW first to 40 order side, 1st beta phase
donlep 40/35 zealot
meatvaporizer 21/19 sorc
talsalmule 15/13 chosen

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:56 pm

While I did find the game entertaining, and really enjoyed sailing my ship around the Caribbean, I just started to get bored with the pve and didn't feel like the PvP was going to be fun enough to warrant leveling all the way.

The fights seemed to all be very similar. Attack a ship or two, which zones you into an instance, then sail in one direction with your guns on auto fire until either the ship dies or you have to fire from the other side of your ship because the first side is taking too much damage. Although I did get a privateer skill that would let me repair my armor and hull every 4 minutes, so I usually didn't need to do anything but sail parallel with the ship I was fighting.

I only got in one pvp fight, vs 3 pirates, and they whipped me good. But it just didn't really feel exciting. I think the combat is just too slow for me. It's more about positioning and what type of ammo you want to use, so you basically are just sailing around with auto fire on and trying to sink them before they sink you.

I will say I enjoyed it for the few weeks I played and it was worth the $50 bucks imo, just because it was fun to play something different, and I had never played any pirate games before.
I make a character, level it, then make another character, then level it, then make another character, then level it, then make anoth....

Lakoimeca

Post by Lakoimeca » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:04 pm

Iduna wrote:While I did find the game entertaining, and really enjoyed sailing my ship around the Caribbean, I just started to get bored with the pve and didn't feel like the PvP was going to be fun enough to warrant leveling all the way.

The fights seemed to all be very similar. Attack a ship or two, which zones you into an instance, then sail in one direction with your guns on auto fire until either the ship dies or you have to fire from the other side of your ship because the first side is taking too much damage. Although I did get a privateer skill that would let me repair my armor and hull every 4 minutes, so I usually didn't need to do anything but sail parallel with the ship I was fighting.

I only got in one pvp fight, vs 3 pirates, and they whipped me good. But it just didn't really feel exciting. I think the combat is just too slow for me. It's more about positioning and what type of ammo you want to use, so you basically are just sailing around with auto fire on and trying to sink them before they sink you.

I will say I enjoyed it for the few weeks I played and it was worth the $50 bucks imo, just because it was fun to play something different, and I had never played any pirate games before.
(This is a joke. A poke at being funny so dont take it for anymore then that please!)

Just change a few words to the other games you have played and that is about the same thing you say after about a month on every game you play! :)
Tony

Warhammer
Bloodfury - Dok (Dead)

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:32 pm

Lol true ;-)
I make a character, level it, then make another character, then level it, then make another character, then level it, then make anoth....