interesting wow fact

Everyone can talk here.
Mr.Muggles

interesting wow fact

Post by Mr.Muggles » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:30 pm

Recently hitting the eleven million subscriber mark, Warcraft has already shrugged off challenges this year from well-received online role-playing games like Warhammer Online and Age of Conan, both of which received healthy sales but don't stand a chance of cracking the top spot. In fact, Mike Morhaime, president of Warcraft's maker Blizzard, said in a recent conference call that 68% of departing players who cited Age of Conan as their reason for quitting ended up returning. Normally gamers are fixated on The Next Big Thing, but this time they seem to be heading back to The Last Big Thing in droves.

Shaftoe

Re: interesting wow fact

Post by Shaftoe » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:39 pm

I'd heard that about AoC players about 2 months after it came out, and I wasn't surprised, Conan was a steaming pile of shit.

Warhammer is about to hit its second month since release, I wonder if they will post the numbers again?
Apparently I cannot find a game to stick with right now.

AfaramasGeordie

Post by AfaramasGeordie » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:45 pm

WoW will continue to hold the top spot for the forseeable future, I don't think the people at Mythic are stupid enough to think otherwise.

I do believe though that the WotLK expansion will mark a turning point, a lot of players are hanging on to their subs for this expansion, it's got a lot riding on it. If it fails to evolve the gameplay I think you will see the sub rates begin to dwindle. I think the KOTOR MMO could be well positioned to challenge it though, and since it's Bioware I think they will do a good job.
Newcastle United - Miami Dolphins - Florida Gators

Mr.Muggles

Post by Mr.Muggles » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:57 pm

KOTOR = no / bad pvp = no reunion

AfaramasGeordie

Post by AfaramasGeordie » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:23 pm

Is there no/bad PVP ? I haven't seen enough details on it yet. If they are trying to appeal to the masses though PVP will be an after thought unfortunately. I've been a big fan of Bioware games, but will give it a miss if it does not offer some decent PVP. I still have a sub to a PVE game in LOTRO, if I need my fix, not that I have in the last month though.
Newcastle United - Miami Dolphins - Florida Gators

emod

Post by emod » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:30 pm

Whatever bioware makes, it will be different and interesting. I mean...they're bioware. I don't picture them putting much emphasis on pvp stuff, but I bet their story driven pve will be fantastic.

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:10 pm

I won't even be playing MMO's by the time the KOTOR mmo comes out.
I make a character, level it, then make another character, then level it, then make another character, then level it, then make anoth....