Wood Turning Hobby

Everyone can talk here.
Sineath

Wood Turning Hobby

Post by Sineath » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:50 pm

What have you done lately while in between games? I made a buncha wood poles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtLWJMls62g

Oh, and I made a wand out of a 2 X 4 board for my 3 year old for Halloween that I'll be posting tomorrow.

Making the wand was fun! The bowl was and IS a nightmare.

Sineath

Re: Wood Turning Hobby

Post by Sineath » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:33 pm

Good news.

Someone died. Yup, I've just inherited 300 pieces of crafter's wood plus mechanisms for lamps and other wonderful things.

Oh, also, I made a wand for my daughter using a wood lathe. Turned out well. OK, half of the wand flew off the lathe when I hit a knot but I didn't show that part! :P Oh, then my 9 year old asked to sand it then when he came in the house, he shut the door on the wand and snapped it in two. BUT, other than that, it turned out pretty well. Wood glue works wonders and the ebony taint I added to it really separates it from other wands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV3NJXjgjn8

Sleeps

Post by Sleeps » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:51 pm

Wow bro, you're an accident waiting to happen. I was so scared you were going to slip off the edge of the table with the circular saw and where are your goggles? It's great you can make these things but please tighten up the safety don't want to see you getting hurt Bob Vila would not approve.

Sineath

Post by Sineath » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:30 pm

Its my small sacrifice for my adoring fans. They demand risk and adventure and I deliver it with every video. I'm thinking my next video will be my 3 year old using a band saw. :P

Sleeps

Post by Sleeps » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:26 pm

I take it you never saw Michael Jackson dangle his kid over a hotel balcony or the Crocodile hunter let his toddler run around in a Croc pit? Well it didn't go over so well with the crowds nor the man upstair for that matter since neither of these guys are breathing now.

Mr.Muggles

Post by Mr.Muggles » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:30 pm

bro that was a cool video! I was impressed! You're like Bob Villa! (thats a guys who can fix stuff?)

I would never have any of the skills neccessary to do that. The more important thing in my mind is that you have a real trade/hobby. I skill and passion for something that adds joie de vivre.

Only thing is bro, you are CRAZY. You were using a circular saw and cutting towards your hand with nothing stabilizing the saw. No goggles is a big risk also!

You have kids brother doing something this amazing and special for them is counter-intuitive if it costs you the hand or arm you need to do it. :x

Sineath

Post by Sineath » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:19 pm

Yup, true. If you watch my other videos, you can see I usually wear a full face plate when I'm making stuff. I don't care for goggles since I wear glasses.

The saw thing looked worse than it was because of the angle of the video. Cutting a 12 inch 2X4 isn't easy with a circular saw. I could have clamped it to the table instead of holding it with a hand, though.

Mr.Muggles

Post by Mr.Muggles » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:05 pm

Sineath wrote:Yup, true. If you watch my other videos, you can see I usually wear a full face plate when I'm making stuff. I don't care for goggles since I wear glasses.

The saw thing looked worse than it was because of the angle of the video. Cutting a 12 inch 2X4 isn't easy with a circular saw. I could have clamped it to the table instead of holding it with a hand, though.
' Exactly!! Isn't ur kid screaming "daddy don't do that again!" in the background?

Thats some impressive shit you do and trust me when the doom destroys the world I will have a spot in my encampment for you and cyour family. You canc run our woodshop. But you need arms!!

Sleeps

Post by Sleeps » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:56 pm

I wouldn't trust Muggles with you children. We he looks at them he sees $$. He wants to use them to power level his toons and farm gold.

Mr.Muggles

Post by Mr.Muggles » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:16 am

Sleeps wrote:I wouldn't trust Muggles with you children. We he looks at them he sees $$. He wants to use them to power level his toons and farm gold.
Yah cuz if I had two slave kids Id have them playing video games? They would be into fake adoption scams, social security fraud, irs scams, embezzling money from non-profit organizations, convincing Angelina Jolie they stepped on landmines, telling derek jeter their dying cancer wish was for daddy to have lifetime box seats...I mean the possibilities are limitless!!! I'm getting saucy just thinking about it...