Dark Souls 2 coming in March

Everyone can talk here.
Sleeps

Dark Souls 2 coming in March

Post by Sleeps » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:21 pm

So who going to play this with me?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/20 ... he-cursed/

Did I ever mention that Dark Souls was the best game experience I ever had?

Iduna
email n00b

Re: Dark Souls 2 coming in March

Post by Iduna » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:22 am

Better than EQ huh?
I make a character, level it, then make another character, then level it, then make another character, then level it, then make anoth....

Sleeps

Post by Sleeps » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:15 pm

YES.
I down loaded the original game last night Demon Souls And I'm loving it. By far the best game franchise ever as far as RPGS go. I put this ahead of Ultima & EQ.

Iduna
email n00b

Post by Iduna » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:25 pm

Still playing Smite?
I make a character, level it, then make another character, then level it, then make another character, then level it, then make anoth....

Sleeps

Post by Sleeps » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:11 pm

Yes, I play a few games a day, accept for this past weekend- demons souls is eating my brain.

Sleeps

Post by Sleeps » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:31 pm

Expect more PvP in Dark Souls 2.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... be-invaded

Basically in Demons Souls & Dark Souls if you were in human form (alive), you could summon players into your game to help with a boss fight or just to group up and progress. When you were alive though other players could invade you, kill you and take your souls and humanity. (souls = currency to level up, spells, gear & supplies. Humanity (dark souls only)= turn you from undead to human form, level up your check points to give better healing potions, and increase magic find.)
When you were already dead (or undead/Hollow as the game calls it) you would be safe from these invasions, but you would be significantly weaker, reduced hps, damage output & no magic find bonus).

Dark Souls 2- you will no longer be safe from invasion when you are hollow.

Sleeps

Post by Sleeps » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:41 pm

some DS2 footage.
note the white ethereal looking guys is a summoned friendl player or npc.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-s ... 0-6417413/

emod

Post by emod » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:54 pm

Sleepy I have had Dark Souls on my Steam list for like a year now but haven't played it. Give me a few reasons why i should.

Sleeps

Post by Sleeps » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:08 pm

OMG lost my post.

If you get to the top of the church & ring the bell, I guarantee you will love this game and want to continue to play it. IF not I will go forever silent on the matter but you really need to put an effort into getting there on your own (refrain from walkthroughs & guides).

emod

Post by emod » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:18 pm

After I take down the legendary ships in assassin's creed 4, i'll give it a whirl. I've heard Dark souls is a great game, but hard as fuck.

enz

Post by enz » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:16 am

I'm confused is the PC version the same as console? I read a few things saying the port to PC was kind of shitty.

Sleeps

Post by Sleeps » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:12 am

I heard the same thing Enz but I never played pc version- I played on ps3. It also sounded like the PS3 has the most active community too. You guys should play at the same time and if you get stuck try to get in each others game. I know there a way to do it but not sure how, may work off of a friends list or something. I'd be willing to help in any way but only have PS3 version.

Sleeps

Post by Sleeps » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:16 am

It only really hard in the beginning because we as gamers are so used to mashing buttons as fast as possible, once you break that habit it get easier as far as melee combat is concerned.

emod

Post by emod » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:57 pm

Played for a few hours last night. Really enjoyed it. I like that it's really difficult, but when I die I can get my soul back (if i don't die on the way to it haha).

I'm not looking at any guides cause it seems like a game where half the fun is figuring it out, but I do have a couple questions.
1. Was it pointless for me to make a ranger? I ran out of arrows in 5 minutes and they're pretty expensive to buy.
2. Why do i keep seeing ghosts?
3. How important are the stats I choose? Can I undo them?

Sleeps

Post by Sleeps » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:48 pm

1. No. Overall class doesn't really matter, unless you're going for a specific build and don't want to waste any stat points (people looking to pvp mostly). However, each class starts with different gear, a special item, and different starting stats so it could slow you down a bit if you switch away from dex based weapons. (tip dex affects bow and thrusting type weapons). You should mix in more melee with your bow play, bows can make encounters a lot easier, and it going to take longer to farm souls if your spending them on ammo.)

2. Those are real people playing, their souls come in and out of existence in your world.
Ever click on a blood stain? It shows how a real player died- like his last 10 seconds of life. Watching how someone died can give you a clue of what to expect or what you should do.

3. You can't change your stats and they are extremely important. a few points here and there won't hurt you, but it would be really dumb to start pumping up faith unless your going to be using miracles ( priest type spells). or weapons that do more damage based on your faith. (there a lot more going on with stats but will give you a chance to play with it some, let me know if you want more info ).