Warden Respec

Want to join Reunion? Post here.
Rianned

Warden Respec

Post by Rianned » Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:46 pm

I am considering respecing my Warden when they come out with major skills respec. I will have 2 chances so I can put it back if I don't like it.

My main concern as a warden is to keep me and my group alive. I notice that allot of times I am in a group for the heals I can provide and the bubble. I don't often fight but when I do I tend to stick with Force of might or slam.
My realm abilities are going to be focused on keeping me alive with one offensive spell.(thornwall or some such). I will have serenity 4 to compensate for my Bubble.
My original plan for spec is this when I hit 50: 49 Nurture for all the resists, 34 Blunts for a style for every position(34 being the back attack), 26 Regrowth for heal at 300-325 and 10 parry because anywhere else was a waste of points.
When I respec I plan on putting more into regrowth and keep nurture where its at. I will bring regrowth to 42 for all the Major Heals and leave blunt at a low 10 which gives me a taunt, detaunt and a side style only.
Any comments?

Rianned Liontheran
Seduction isn t making someone do what they don t want to do. Seduction is enticing someone into doing what they secretly want to do already. -- Waiter Rant

Sledeau

Post by Sledeau » Wed Jul 17, 2002 1:08 am

I have the exact same spec that you are aiming for. (49 nurture, 26 regrowth, 34 blunt, 10 parry.) I've found it to be pretty good. I can keep someone alive with my heals, and while the resists are power draining, they do reduce the duration of sleep spells by a lot. (Spirit: Cleric stun and mezz resist, Energy: Sorcerer mezz resist, Body: Healer stun and mezz resist)

About your ra's. I'm neutral on TWF. Many say its good, but I don't see much useful for it, it just seems more as an rp farming ability than anything else. I'd say serenity IV is a big waste. Take it up to 2 at the max. To go from serenity 2 to 4 it costs 16 realm skill points. That is A LOT. For that many points, you could have gotten mastery of pain II or III, or gotten first aid II.

I wouldn't respec to such a low blunt spec. Yes, having heals is useful, and I'd at least half spec regrowth so that you can keep soemone alive. But you'll never heal as well as a druid, so high regrowth is a waste, unless they add something good to the warden regrowth line. You'll accomplish more things with a high nurture spec, and you'll be able to kill things with your blunt spec, and you can keeps omeone alive in a pinch with a half spec heal line.

Rianned

You are right...

Post by Rianned » Fri Jul 19, 2002 7:41 pm

You know.. I think I will keep to my original plan. I forgot the one peice of info that ties your weapon dmg to your weapon spec.

About TWF. One of my thoughts for that, while somewhat silly sounding, is this... Get Mezzed(not on purpse).. assess surrounding activity.. like how even is the fight?where is enemy(sometimes during rush or surprise attack our group winds up in middle of enemies)... Purge.. cast TWF in the middle of alb/mids and run/heal or fight as needed.
Delusions of grandeur maybe but It seems since I am not a primary Healer/tank/caster... I get left in mez until it wears off or until most others are on the run. It may also have something to do with the fact I am currently only 45 level.
I have already rethought seren 4 and will prolly leave it at 3 where its at now and instead invest the RA's into MCL2.
Rianned
Seduction isn t making someone do what they don t want to do. Seduction is enticing someone into doing what they secretly want to do already. -- Waiter Rant